Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to help improve the education and school-experience of a young child. You are greatly appreciated.
1) Please start by dusting with a wet wipe or paper towels. The edges of the class get incredibly dusty and we want our students healthy in class. These can be found in the office and I can help you find them. You do not have to spend your entire time dusting, but a little bit helps. J
2) If I am reading of book or leading the entire class, this would be a great opportunity to take some pencils to the volunteer room and sharpen for 5 minutes.
3) Look for any student who seems to be struggling with the assignment. Introduce yourself as a “Parent-teacher.” I’d prefer for you to use your last name: Mr. X (Johnny’s dad) or Mrs. Y (Becky’s mom).
4) If you feel like you’ve given enough help to said student, move on to another student.
5) Adult proximity helps keep students on task. Just “being around” helps.